ACTIVITIES: Scheduled Interviews/ Develop Questions

Once I decided to write my article on Ben, I knew that for an interview it would be easiest to interview him after a practice. I came up with some questions I often hear runners talk about, as well as a few I have seen in other sports interviews. On Saturday December 16th, I interviewed Ben after an early morning practice. I wrote down the questions I had for him and wrote down his answers as he responded. Here is a list of the questions I asked Ben:


  1. How did you first get into running, at what age?
  2. How have you taken training more seriously since the beginning of your high school career? What effect did this have?
  3. What motivates you to run, especially long distance?
  4. What was the last race you did, and how did it go?
  5. How do you measure success as a runner?
  6. What do you find the most rewarding thing about running?
  7. Where do you look to go in the future as a runner?
  8. What's been the best memory you've made in your years running?
  9. What advice can you give for upcoming runners?

Comments