ACTIVITIES: Scouting Locations for Photo Shoots

While I do take pictures at all of the races, I had to keep in mind which locations may be the best to feature in my magazine. All cross country courses are different, making accessibility of seeing the course different as well. Some courses are easier to view runners and capture photos of them than others. I also kept in mind what types of shots I was taking, angles, and other key components. One of the places I found best for taking photos was a course we ran on twice this year, called Holloway. We ran both FL Runners and Regionals there, giving me two chances to capture pictures on this course. Every mile marker is accessible to viewers, which gave me three chances to take photos of our runners. I also took pictures at State, which was a highly anticipated race for Ben. The State course, that we also ran pre-State at, was also a great course for photos, especially with the scenery. Being able to capture him running downhill to the finish line was a great wide shot showing the last stretch of the course, excited fans everywhere, and the lead he had on other runners.

Comments